Red Hots in Central Park

Red Hots in Central Park

Saturday, April 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETSY!!!

Excited for you about what this year will bring - a move back closer to us Red Hots! (:
I hope you've had a great birthday!!!!
Love,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my Red Hots! I guess I am the second one of us to turn 41. It was not a very exciting birthday, but that is okay because I have sooo much else going on right now that is very exciting and crazy, so it was good to have a calm day. Eric came up for the weekend, so that was a wonderful present for me. I do not like living apart, I don't feel complete without my other half!
    Anyway, I wanted to take a minute and update everyone on the progress of the move. We have a contract on our house here in PA---praise the Lord! And we have a contract on our new house in NC---yet another praise! After all the months of stressing out over this move, and seeing all the ways that God has smoothed the road for us to get back to NC, the sale of our house has just put me over the top. Now, I realize that Eric and I did a lot to get the house in tip-top shape and ready to sell in this awful housing market, but nothing could have prepared me and no one could have convinced me that it would have a contract in less than a week of being on the market. I am still flying high with amazement and gratitude to God. We are telling everyone that God was our realtor (because, really who ELSE could have done that for us?). Just another detail that God is taking care of. I think that is what I am learning from this entire experience---that God has all the details under control. I know I have known that in my head, but by having God take such a personal interest in handling these details, He has just amazed me.
    We are excited about the new house in Kernersville. Eric is settling in with his new business and meeting lots of people. He is living with his sister for now, but will move into the new house with our cat and furniture after we close on May 12. The girls and I will stay up here in a furnished apartment for 5 weeks to finish the school year. God has placed the right people in Eric's path in our new home; people who know people, people who have answers that we need, people who have connections with Eric that we didn't realize. For example, our realtor attends the church that we are very interested in. Eric sat with her and her family one Sunday. It turns out that he KNOWS the youth pastor very well, but just had lost touch with him and didn't realize that he was in K'ville now. They were able to talk for a long time and the youth pastor was very helpful with info. that we need for Ashley and Kristen. Already, God is showing us connections that will make Kernersville be our home! Amazing. Just amazing.
    So, what am I doing right now? All kinds of details still have to be taken care of, even though God has them under control, I have to do my part! My girls are still very entrenched in their lives here and moving is going to be awful for the older two. These last months are full of "last times" and saying good-byes, in addition to all of the regular end-of-school stuff that you do every year. I will be doing band concerts, dance recitals, piano recitals, and birthday parties solo this year since Eric is in NC. He is coming up here one weekend in April, and then he will be here when the movers are here in May to move us out. The girls and I are going to NC for Easter and again for Memorial Day weekend in May, but I am looking forward to being down there "for good" on June 13.
    Are we having a summer get-together this year?

    ReplyDelete